Are you looking for ways to make your Thanksgiving holiday more lively? Do you want to begin new traditions? We have 10 fun ideas to add spice to your Thanksgiving day:
1. Work at a soup kitchen. This is a hands-on opportunity for you to give back to others who are less fortunate, and also a great way to show your children it is important to sacrificially give your time to helping others.
2. Play a family flag football game. This always looks fun in movies! If your family gathering is too small to build two teams, then head outside with the kids to toss a football while Grandma cooks.
3. Get crafty. Go on a leaf collecting hike, and then make cards from a leaf rub. Send these cards to friends and family. Another option is to create and display a gratitude list.
4. Plan a Thanksgiving vacation. If you have not been to Highway 30-A in Florida to communities like Seaside, Blue Mountain, and Rosemary Beach, you should experience that area of the country. If the beach in November is not for you, plan a trip to a place of your liking.
5. Bring three items to the table that represent why you are thankful. This is a way to get to know your family more intimately.
6. Visit sick or elderly neighbors. This only takes a few minutes and brightens-up a lonely person’s life.
7. Men do the cooking and women spend the night at the hunting camp. Doesn’t this sound fabulous?
8. Contribute to the thankful jar. Family members and guests will write down reasons why they are thankful and place their comments in a jar. The list can be read at your dinner.
9. Play indoor games. Choose games that the majority enjoys — cards, Trivial Pursuit, or Catch Phrase are entertaining and popular.
10. Decorate the Christmas tree after the feast.
Do you have a favorite Thanksgiving tradition? Post a comment and let us know!