Donnie Bell, owner of Donnie Bell Design, LLC, was recently elected to serve on the Lincoln-Parish Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors. He will serve a three-year term in this capacity. Have you ever wondered what the chamber does? Here is a glimpse into its functionality.
The local chamber represents all of Lincoln Parish not only Ruston. The members of the organization act as representatives for area businesses by adopting policies and resolutions in an effort to produce a strong local economy. Additionally, the chamber distributes business, tourism, and relocation information daily through the mail. Many times the chamber is someone’s initial contact with the community. To keep citizens informed about local events, the organization maintains a calendar of local happenings. Donnie said that he decided to serve on the chamber board “as a way to get more involved in the community.”
One interesting fact about the chamber is that it is funded by the programs that it plans like the Squire Creek Peach Festival and the Ruston Gun and Knife Show. In short, the chamber gives to the community and the community gives back.Tweet
How do you design a website that will achieve national recognition? Call Donnie Bell Design.
In September, Donnie Bell Design launched The Tech Talk Online www.thetechtalk.org, Louisiana Tech University’s online edition of its student-run newspaper. The paper’s online edition was one of only five recipients chosen for the Associated Press Pacemaker Award. In total, there were over 250 online newspapers that were considered for this award.
According to the Associated Collegiate Press, recipients were selected based on content and coverage, breaking news, site design, interactivity, rich media and writing/editing.
Dr. Reginald Owens, chair of the journalism department, recognizes that students are going online in increasing numbers to obtain information. Consumers are too. Let us help you create a website that will gain recognition for your business or organization.
There is a certain air of mystery surrounding Donnie Bell Design, like a mist hanging over a lake on an overcast morning. The crew is a secretive bunch who cherish their privacy. In order to let you in on some of the back room dealings and unknown facts, here are 10 things you didn’t know about Donnie Bell Design:
1. Donnie Bell Design was created after it was torn from the thigh of Zeus.
2. Its team was chosen before the members were even born.
3. Donnie Bell Design single-handedly ended Communism in Russia.
4. Donnie Bell Design was the first drummer for The Beatles but quit because they were boring.
5. DBD won the first American Idol by default.
6. Its studio contains long lost treasures such as Excalibur and the Ark of the Covenant. We used to have the Holy Grail but sold it so we could buy an air hockey table.
7. DBD is impervious to illness, siege or all forms of weapons. Except cats. We’re allergic to cats.
8. The work done by Donnie Bell Design inspired the Pop Art movement but disassociated itself from the scene because it was too commercial.
9. The Carly Simon song “You’re so Vain” was written about Donnie Bell Design.
10. DBD originally told New York Jets QB Joe Namath his underdog team would upset the heavily-favored Baltimore Colts in Super Bowl III and urged him to make a public guarantee.